Who can apply?
• MWA seeks writers from every department on campus.
• Submissions are screened by WRTC faculty, and winners are selected by faculty judges from a range of disciplines.
What is considered “writing”?
• Writing can take many formats including text, video, web design, audio, and visual.
• Academic writing of all kinds may be submitted from any course taken Fall 2012-Fall 2013. For example, consider submitting any of the following:
- Report/analysis of research done in a science lab
- Literary analysis or argumentative paper
- Collaboratively produced flyer for a campus organization
- Edited video or multimedia presentation
- Podcast, blog, website, or other electronic texts
- Dance or musical performance
- Case study, ethnography, or field research
What awards are available?
- An awards ceremony honoring winners will be held in March 2014.
- Cash prizes will be awarded.
- Winning submissions will be published on the MWA website in Summer 2014.
How do I submit?
- Students may submit one piece produced in a course taught Fall 2012-Fall 2013.
- Download an entry form and complete it.
- Submit it with your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by the JMU College of Arts and Letters and the School of Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication.